What is Ausfilm
Ausfilm connects the international film community with Australia’s screen incentives, talent and facilities.
Ausfilm markets Australia’s Screen Production Incentive Scheme which comprises the Location, PDV (post, digital and visual effects) and Producer Offsets. Ausfilm is an Australian industry – government partnership. It comprises Australia’s Federal and State Governments and the major studios and the leading post and digital effects facilities and production service providers.
Ausfilm has offices in Sydney and Los Angeles.
If you are interested in filming your project in Australia, developing partnerships with Australian talent or completing post-production in Australia, Ausfilm should be your first port of call. The Ausfilm team can provide information and referrals about Australia’s:
- Screen production incentives;
- Official co-productions;
- Studio complexes, production services and equipment providers;
- Post-production, music, sound, digital and visual effects capability and facilities, travel, freight and legal services; and
- Immigration requirements.
We may also offer the following services upon application:
- Location surveys and pitches tailored to your project;
- Confidential briefing about your project to State and Territory screen agencies; and
- Australian comparative budgets.
Ausfilm manages the following annual events: Ausfilm Week London, a co-production forum in May and Ausfilm Week Los Angeles, a production attraction event in October.
Ausfilm is governed by an elected Board. Click here for our Board Member listing.
Ausfilm’s experienced members are represented in the Production Directory.
Ausfilm is a member of the Association of Film Commissioners International (AFCI) and each year participates in the AFCI Locations Expo in Los Angeles.
The Location and PDV Offsets are administered by the Office for the Arts, Department of Regional Development, Local Government, Arts and Sport.
The Producer Offset is administered by Screen Australia.